collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Trust in Him … He Will Carry Us



Hello everyone! I am doing great and I hope you all are too! Hermana Manotas and I are just loving every day more and more together! But this past week I also had the opportunity to work with Hermana Salvador. She is currently working in Santander, which is in my zone, and she is so sweet.

She and I had many wonderful experiences together. We were planning on teaching Maira, one of our recent converts, the “new member lessons" again. We planned to teach her about the Restoration, but when we walked in she had one of her aunts (Fabiola) in her house. We decided to teach the Restoration anyway, with the help of our recent convert. It was so cute. Maira was helping us along, and the Spirit was so strong. It went very well and we were able to explain things clearly, and also answer many of the questions she had. As we were finishing with our testimonies of The Book of Mormon, how this gospel can and will bless her life, and about the power of prayer, Fabiola just broke down. She said that she had been going through some really hard things in her life, that she feels like she has just been lost and that she hasn´t known what to do. She said that this is something she really wants. What a special moment. We later found out that she lives in the area of the hermanas in Santander! What a miracle! She is golden for sure! Hermana Salvador was SO excited!

This past weekend we had the opportunity to have Stake Conference, and President Pace and many of the leaders spoke. President Pace was sharing different missionary experiences and stories that were just amazing and said, "They call this (missionary work/service) a sacrifice? To have experiences like that and to meet and teach people like this? To see miracles in people´s lives and in our own … right before your eyes? This is the greatest and most important work there is. I wouldn´t trade it for anything."

He is SO right. If YOU want to see miracles, I´m telling you … go out and meet with the missionaries. Visit people with them. Serve with them; even if it is for one hour to meet someone they are teaching, it will change your life (and theirs). It is our responsibility and great privilege to help in the work of the Lord. We are ALL his children. Our brothers and sisters need our help.

The other night we watched this video with a little 9-year-old girl we are teaching named Dana.
Out of love, a 13-year-old boy in Arizona pushed himself to the limit, so that his friend, who has cerebral palsy, could participate with him in a triathlon. I finished the video in tears, as did my companion.  Dana said she liked the video because Spencer was a good friend to Dayton. He loved and served his friend as Christ would. It made me think that I want to be a better friend like that. We can help those within our reach and bless their lives.

I also thought that there are many times in our lives when WE can´t walk. When, in a spiritual sense, we need someone to carry us. I know that we always have our best friend there for us; our Savior. We can put our faith and trust in Christ and lean on Him. He will carry us; always and forever.

Love,

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment