collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Saturday, October 4, 2014

I Will Never Sink



This week was crazy and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster! I am so grateful for my companion, Hermana Gillette. She is an angel and is just so much fun; she works so hard and really loves the people here. Whether we are bouncing and jumping off mattresses in our living room, not being able to breathe from laughter, or getting emotional with someone who just needs a hug ... she is incredible.

I am also so excited about General Conference this weekend! What an amazing opportunity we have to hear from our leaders that are called of God. I cannot wait! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/?lang=eng

It’s been weird, but the weather here has not been nearly as hot. Ever since Hna. Reid left, it´s been rainy and chilly every other day. Perhaps the people of Valencia miss her and that´s why it is so gloomy, haha! I know she is working wonders in Badalona though … what a champ, she´s the best!

I know you are all wondering about Matilde´s baptism planned for this past week. Unfortunately it was postponed, because she randomly went out of town with some of her older friends and forgot to mention that to us! Ugh, frustrating … but it´s okay! She is just the sweetest and wants to be baptized, but she is just a little forgetful sometimes!

We weren´t expecting any other baptisms this past week, because we felt like Frank wasn´t ready. We talked to him about it, and he decided that he wanted to, right at the last minute! We were freaking out, but so excited! We still had to teach him a ton of things so we were a little overwhelmed! When it came to Friday, we were getting ready for his interview when he said he had some doubts about things. We talked to him for about an hour; I bore one of the strongest testimonies I have ever shared, and Hermana Gillette and I were in tears telling him how much his Heavenly Father loved him. We told him that, when he felt right, it would be the best decision of his life! But … he wants to be ready, to feel completely positive about it. He wants to be baptized, but he just needs time. We were showing him a picture of Peter … at the time when Jesus was walking on the water … and inviting Peter to walk as well (Matthew 14: 25-31). Frank said, “That´s me! I have so much faith! But unlike Peter, when I make the decision to fully follow Christ … I will NEVER sink."

I told him that I knew he wouldn’t. I know that if we all devote our lives and our will to the Lord, He will NEVER let us sink!

HAVE AN INCREDIBLE WEEK!

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment