collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Friday, October 31, 2014

Bilbao Bound

Last Saturday night, President Pace called me and Hermana Gillette and told us to put the phone on speaker and said, "You two are just exceptional missionaries. You are literally angels and together you see miracles. You truly are one of the most loving and most unified companionships in this mission. But … we are going to ask you both to share that love and leadership a little bit. We are going to ask you, Hermana Vance, if you would be willing to be the Sister Training Leader up north in the Bilbao Zone.  Your new companion will be Hermana Mendez, who just got out of training and is from Guatemala. She doesn´t speak much English, but she is amazing. It is going to take a lot of faith and hard work from you, but we know how incredible you are and that you can do it … that is why we chose you. Hermana Gillette, we are going to ask you to climb the mountain one last time and train someone once again in Valencia for your last two transfers. Thank you for all your hard work! You both have blessed this mission more than you will ever know. Thank you for your faithful service."

So I began my mission months ago in Valencia, which is the most southern part of our mission, and am now being asked to serve as an STL in the most northern part of our mission. Tuesday, I took a 12-hour train ride from Valencia to Bilbao (pronounced bilb-ow). I thought I was going to pass out all day, I was so tired, but it was worth the trip. People kept telling me how pretty the north was, and it is GORGEOUS! I am here now with Hermana Mendez, and she is just precious! President Pace was right though … this is going to take a lot of faith and hard work from me, but I´m am so excited for the challenge and ready to get started with the work; it’s going to be great!

With love,

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment