collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Saturday, September 13, 2014

El Poder de Oracion es Real



Life in Valencia continues to be a blessing every single week! It is so beautiful here in Spain, with all of the gorgeous architecture, buildings and cathedrals … I love it! Transfers are next week … I don’t think I will be transferred, but you never know! It is either Hermana Reid or me, so it will be difficult either way, as we will most likely be getting new companions. I love my trainer so much and have learned so much from her. She really is an amazing and fantastic missionary!

I have really gained a testimony of prayer this week. There are so many things that have happened this week because of prayers. Whether it is feeling the prayers on my behalf from all of you, or receiving answers for myself, I know that God knows me and hears all of our prayers.

This week, our wonderful investigator Matilde came to church for the FIRST time in two months!! Every time we taught her during the week she would be so great, learning everything and wanting to know so much more. But EVERY SINGLE Sunday something came up, and she wasn´t able to come to church. She was either too tired, spending time with family, her knees were really bothering her or something else. It was often frustrating for us because she is so cute and sweet, but she was never able to come to church. She wants to baptized but we had continued to tell her that she couldn´t be baptized if she didn´t come to church. We were thinking about maybe taking a break from teaching her for a little while, and then maybe coming back when she was more willing or able to come. This past week we tried really hard to talk about the importance of church and why we go. She said that this Sunday she would come, but had said that every other Sunday for the past two months. We said okay and left. Saturday night, while I knelt down to pray at night, I pleaded with the Lord to help Matilde come to church … that no matter what came up, she would have the strength and desire to come to church. All I know is that on Sunday when I walked into our Relief Society class, there she was, in her orange tank top, yellow crocs, and all. She was surrounded by loving members and had the biggest smile on her face when she saw us walk in. Tears filled my eyes as I witnessed an answer to my prayer first-hand.

The other day I was doing an intercambio with Hermana Manwill, and almost every one of our appointments cancelled. It was disappointing, but we continued (with a smile)! We were heading to our final appointment of the night with our less active member, Maria. I love her so much and she has practically become our mom here. We were excited to just spend a peaceful night with her, but when we got there, her roommate Veronica, asked to join our lesson. That. Was. A. Miracle.
Veronica was one of the first people I taught when I arrived here. She was progressing so much and she was going to be baptized. But about a week before her baptism, she said she felt comfortable in her Catholic Church and didn’t want to change. After that happened back in July, she has hardly talked to us, and every time we go to Maria´s she would awkwardly hide in her room. So when she asked to join our lesson, we were completely shocked. During our lesson she was saying all of these great things and telling us why it is important to follow the commandments and many other key principles of the gospel. We don’t know why she decided to see us and was so nice to us again, and we are not sure what will happen with her, but the feeling as we left was incredible.

So many other amazing things happened this week that have no other explanation other than God hearing and answering prayers. Remember that He loves each and every one of you. Don’t forget to talk to Him every day!

The power of prayer is real, and you are all in my prayers!

Hna Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment