collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Sunday, October 4, 2015

I Have Charity For My People



Another week in Badalona, and everything is just going great! The work is amazing, and I love it every day more and more! My companion, Hermana Gutoff, is the best and we really have become so close. We have transfers next week! Yikes! Hermana Gutoff has been here in Badalona for 4 ½ months, so who knows what is going to happen.

I hope all is going well with each and every one of you. I know all of your lives are crazy with church, family, friends, school, work, etc., but just know that I love you all so much. I think of you often and you are in my prayers. I'm sorry that I'm not always the best at getting back to you all. We really are meeting so many amazing people, and they are so prepared! They are waiting to find that peace and happiness in their lives. It is the greatest feeling in the world … I love it!

My friend shared a scripture with me in 2 Nephi, and I want to share them with you:

"But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.

But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people (OR THE PEOPLE OF SPAIN). For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.

I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat." (2 Nephi 33:2-4,7)

We really have to put our WHOLE heart into this great work and into these amazing, wonderful people. They need us and they need our prayers. We have to give our all! They should be on our minds and in our hearts always. We should cry and rejoice with them, show them our love as we invite them to come unto Christ. We all need this gospel, each and every one of us. There are people around you all the time; they may be searching for your outstretched hand to help lift them up and bear their burdens. We need to search and seek for the opportunities to be there for them, to be true disciples of Christ.

Love forever,

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment