collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Thursday, June 4, 2015

No Coincidences, Just Miracles



We have finally hit June! Wow! Summer is here … nice and blistering hot too! Haha, in the heart of Barcelona it gets a little toasty, but I enjoy it!

My new companion, Hermana Steinfeldt, is incredible and we have totally clicked from day one. She is hilarious and works so hard. I know she and I are going to see so many miracles together. I can´t wait!

Imilse is doing well and is definitely progressing. We talked to her husband about letting his daughters serve missions. All four of us hermanas bore powerful testimony of how much the experience of a mission has meant to us and how it has changed our lives forever … for the better and the brighter.
Oh, and her food was amazing … Dominican food is the bomb, haha!

President and Hermana Pace came to church this past Sunday in Hospitalet. They are just the cutest! As we were going around before church talking to some of the members, he just sat at the front and smiled and gave us a thumbs up. After the meeting he came up to us and said, "I knew I got this companionship right! And not that I am jealous of your companionship, because I have a great companion here (looks at his wife and giggles) but you two are great together. Everyone you talked to just lit up! They love you! You are like two butterflies, scattering sunshine throughout this whole ward. Keep it up, and you will fly!" We are so excited! 

We have a baptism coming up this weekend … woohoo! We are so excited! His name is Terry. He is 27 years old and he is from Nigeria. He is a total sweetheart. Two weeks ago we were walking through the street and we saw him sitting all by himself on a bench. We felt like we needed to talk to him. He opened up to us right away and said he had moved here to Spain about 2 months ago, that he doesn´t speak Spanish and that he is looking for work. He said that things are a little hard right now, but that he knows if he has faith and puts God first, that everything will be okay. We testified of Jesus Christ and how we can receive comfort and strength through His sacrifice and example. He loved talking with us and actually came to church the past two Sundays! It´s all in Spanish and I had to translate a lot for him. He had been to our church a few times in Nigeria and said it was great. I asked if it bothered him that all of the meetings are in Spanish, and he replied, "No, I don´t care. I just like how I feel here and every time you both talk to me. I feel happy and that this is where I am supposed to be. It just feels right. I feel God´s spirit and love. I want to be a member of this church. I know I need to be baptized." He is just precious and the members have been so loving towards him. It is so cute to see the members try to whip out any English they know to try and talk to him and make him feel welcome. I can truly see the love that God has for him and how the Lord placed him in our path. It was truly a miracle. God is so perfect and there are no such things as coincidences. His plan is PERFECT. We just have to trust Him. He allows us to see little specks of Heaven all throughout our days. We are so blessed to recognize and be witnesses of this great work.

Please notice and realize that those little things that happen in your life … they happen for a reason. God has a perfect plan for every single one of us. He know what we need, and He knows what He is doing. We just need to submit our will to His, so that we can find this happiness and see these heaven-on-earth miracles daily!

You are ALL miracles and miracle workers to me.

Forever,

Hna. Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment