collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Thursday, December 4, 2014

He Is The Gift



HELLO WORLD! HOW´S IT GOING!?! I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving; full of love, laughs, family, friends and turkey! We had a great one here, doing what we love … serving God´s children. We are making memories and changing lives! There were actually so many funny and great things that happened that day with Hermana Mendez; it was the best! She is so great and we are becoming best friends! I am so thankful to be a MISSIONARY; my head still pops off my pillow every day so happy and excited that I am in ESPAÑA!

Bilbao is just the best! It is so different from Valencia, in every way, but I love it just the same. The people, the food, the architecture, the landscape, the weather, etc.; I could go on forever! Valencia was very flat and HOT, and honestly pretty “ghetto” sometimes! Haha, but it had a classic charm to it and holds a very special place it my heart. But I must admit, here in Balbao, it is absolutely stunning! The mountains and rolling hills (we live in the very center and we are just surrounded), the beaches, the rain, the people who rarely speak Spanish (they speak Euskera- it sounds like some type of Russian/Italian mix to me!), the gorgeous cathedrals and buildings, etc. It is very old fashion and has a little French taste to it, but at the same time, there are things like the metros that are very futuristic. It´s kind of hard to explain, and I try to take photos, but it doesn´t even compare to what it is really like. It´s AMAZING!

We are teaching a lot of great people right now, so please keep them in your prayers … Alex, Mayra and Julia/Guillermo! For a while, things were a little hard, and we weren´t seeing a lot of success. Now, things are really starting to come together! I think part of it has to do with this time of year, which happens to be my favorite. Everyone is just a little happier and hearts are a little softer. People want to hear the message of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. On Sunday, we as missionaries were given the opportunity to teach the Elder´s Quorum/Relief Society class. We talked about the Christmas season, and the elders started by asking people what they were excited about for Christmas. They asked "Okay, who is excited about the FOOD?! Who is excited about all of the LIGHTS!?! What about PRESENTS!?" People started shouting out different comments such as "HAM! I love my Christmas ham! AHH, I LOVE the lights!!" Haha, it was funny for a while, and then just as the elders were going to start talking about the TRUE meaning of Christmas, an old man in the back corner slowly raised his hand. He said "Actually it IS about all of that." We all looked around a little confused for a second. He went on to say, "Because Jesus Christ … is the BREAD OF LIFE, the LIGHT OF THE WORLD, and THE GREATEST GIFT WE HAVE EVER KNOWN." I just sat there in awe; I loved that, it was so cute … and he is SO right! HE IS THE GIFT, THE REDEEMER OF THE WORLD, who humbly came to this Earth to save us all. I want you all to think "What gift am I going to give back to my Savior this year?" This month let’s all remember what is REALLY important.

I want to share this new video with you: “He Is The Gift

#DiscoverIT #EmbraceIT #ShareIT

The video is now worldwide and I absolutely love it! Share it with everyone! On December 7th, it will be the ONLY advertisement on YouTube! This message of CHRISTmas needs to be heard by the world! I am so excited for this next month! Really reflect on how you are going to make this Christmas HIS. Our Father in Heaven gave us the greatest gift … what are WE going to give back?

I love you ALL. Show YOUR love through Christ during this Christmas Season!

Always,

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment