collage

collage

I am serving a mission as a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for a period of 18 months. I am serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission and I am speaking Spanish. I reported to the Madrid Missionary Training Center on May 13th, 2014, and I will return home November of 2015. I love each of you with all my heart and I hope to hear from you throughout this life-changing experience and journey.


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Don't Quit



This past week has been incredible! The weather here is so beautiful and it is starting to get really hot … they said in a few weeks it should hit the 100´s! Last preparation day, we were able to go to downtown Madrid-El Sol! It was so interesting and beautiful, even pictures don’t do it justice. Not only was the city awesome, but I love seeing all the different people and cultural influences there!

Each and every day, I grow to love my mission and the people here MORE and MORE. We now have 15 missionaries here at the MTC, and 3 new Italian sisters arrived yesterday. Arianna, maybe I will be able to pick up some cool Italian phrases, haha! It’s so much fun being surrounded by so many languages! I love my teachers and leaders here so much. I don´t think they realize the tremendous impact they have had in my life over the past month. I have learned so much from them and they are some of the funniest, most spiritual people I have ever met. I will remember them all forever … President Lovell, Hna. Suarez, Hno. Lopez, Hno. Bajaña, the Giorginos … everyone!

This past week we had some wonderful devotionals and lessons. I have learned so much and I am truly gaining a greater understanding of who I am, what I stand for and who I represent. We have been learning about TRUE character; focusing on becoming the person God intends us to be and developing ourselves through consistent thoughts and actions. Strong character is NOT intended to be BUILT in times of trial; it is during those times it is intended to be USED. There will be numerous times on my mission when things will be stressful, moments that will be heartbreaking and times I may feel desperate. When we get desperate, EVERYTHING changes, and we are suddenly able to do whatever it takes to get things done. We are able to do whatever it takes to help people … to push all distractions aside, all excuses aside and all pride aside … and just make things happen. Nothing else matters when it comes to bringing others unto Christ. But it is important that WE be there with Christ first. We can´t expect others to come unto Christ if we are not willing to FULLY convert ourselves. We can´t take anyone to a place where we are not. We must pray for them, cry for them and serve them. As missionaries and those who teach the gospel, we must be sure to endure to the end, even and especially after our missions. As sad as it would be to lose the sheep, I now cannot even conceive of the idea of losing the shepherds. We NEED to stay in this forever, and never quit. We are disciples of Christ and, while some people may not know, or even want to know, who Christ is … WE do. We can’t ever forget that, and we need to be that strong and true example of Christ to others, and spend our lives inviting others to come unto Him.

Have a great week everyone, and remember who you are … Children of God.

Te amo,

Hermana Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment